My experience suggests that running the low power amp in a K3(S) above 10W is a disaster. In a K3(S)/100 the HPA isn't activated until above 12W. IMHO, again based only on my measurements of my K3 and my K3S (before mods), I would recommend that Elecraft change firmware to set the max power out at 10W (LP) and switch in the KPA100 above 10W, not 12.