I have been a loyal Elecrafter for many years, and this seems to be somewhat similar to the VW diesel problem.

Elecraft has sold me a radio specifying it to be in compliance with specifications of IMD. Now you are telling me that I must bear the burden of time and expense to bring the device you specified and guaranteed to be in compliance, into compliance.

I built mine from a kit, so Elecraft you send me the necessary boards, modules, whatever to bring my K3s into compliance and I will return to you the defective boards,, modules, whatever. Then you can rework the defective boards for the next exchange. I will spend the time and effort of disassembly and re-assembly.

Jim, W4ATK

K-line, K2