Wayne,

Ok, I'll defer to your numbers. Offhand I don't have mine handy, but I was pretty amazed at how quickly the IMD rose above 10W. I'm not saying anything new here, back in December in this thread http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Powering-a-K3s-from-a-battery-tt7611959.html#a7611980, I said among other things:

"All I'm saying is that if you run the LPA at 10-12 watts, according to my
measurements*, the IMD is pretty bad.  If you have an HPA, then after it's
kicked in, (13W in my K3S) the LPA is running at greatly reduced power.  I don't
believe Elecraft has to change anything.  Guys with a KPA3(A) just need to avoid
the grey area of 10-15W.

*Remarkably, IMD measurements I made on my K3S using modest equipment correlated
within 1dB or less to measurements made by Elecraft, on the same radio. "

Wes