Elecraft is unlike all other world-class mfrs of amateur radio
transceivers.  They are very, very small.  They have to be to keep their
margins big enough to compete with giants who mfr marine, aviation, and
consumer electronics.  They can't get away with marketing a KX4 that puts
out ONE WATT more than a KX3 and call it ALL NEW.  If an engineer's house
burns down, they can't easily slide someone else over from another
project.  Same with COVID.

If you ran a company like Elecraft, would you publicize every setback when
every single employee is critical?  No, you wouldn't.  Either give them
more slack, and wait, or go somewhere else and buy something else.  But
please stop the endless whining.

K4s are out there--I hear them on in contests.

Eric has stated they hope to clear the Group 1 backlog by the end of May.
He has also stated that K4 production will ramp up by an order of magnitude
and more.

Remember the K3 rollout?  KPA1500?  NO COVID.  NO WILDFIRES.  I just passed
my two-week vax period, and I am older than almost everybody who works at
Elecraft.  Do the math.

73 Eric WD6DBM

Besides, I don't find "if you can't accept being in the dark ask for