EN 61000-3-3Josh,
EN 61000-3-3 only mentions voltage fluctuations and flicker impressed on the
public low-voltage system. Inrush current is not specifically measured,
although it certainly affects the amount of voltage variation caused by the
Equipment Under Test (EUT).

To perform the test a controlled impedance (reference network of Fig. 1) is
inserted between the ac source and the EUT. The unit is then operated
normally while the voltage at the EUT input is monitored. What the test
measures is the difference between the source voltage and the EUT input
caused by the operation of the EUT. Washing machines and dishwashers may
cause particularly nasty flicker because of solenoid valves and motor
starting currents.

EN 61000-4-11 does mention peak inrush current in regard to qualifying the
ac source. The source must be capable of supplying more inrush current then
the EUT peak inrush current (30% reserve). However, you would only need to
test to EN 61000-4-11 if the appliance had electronic controls (as many do
today).

Although it may be possible to measure EUT peak inrush current and
extrapolate the results, this would not comply with the requirements of EN
61000-3-3. Once the reference network is aquired (or built) the test is
pretty straightforward.

Best Regards,
Scott Lacey
Test Engineer (contract)