Penny,

This is only partially correct.  See the 5th bullet item in R9-11 of section
9.7.1 of Telcordia GR-1089-CORE issue 3.

"Multiple bonding or grounding conductors shall not be secured by the same
bolt and shall not need to be removed to perform other service or installation
procedures.  It is permissible to connect other bonding or grounding
conductors to a grounding connector provided a reliable bond between the
connector and the equipment is not disturbed during the installation, service
or maintenance."

This means if a product has a grounding post, the main protective earth
connector can be installed with nuts and lock washers for instance, and then
another ground connection can be made to the same stud provided it does not
loosen the original protective earth connection.

In essence what it is saying is that two ground connectors cannot be connected
unless separate fastening devices are used between each.  In addition the
primary protective earth connection cannot be disturbed by the secondary earth
connection.

This also allows a bolt on the inner side of an equipment chassis to be
connected to say the PCB ground, while the same bolt on the outside of the
chassis is connected to a wire that eventually attaches to the frame.

Jim

Jim Wiese
NEBS Project Manager/Senior Compliance Engineer
ADTRAN, INC.
901 Explorer Blvd.
P.O. Box 140000
Huntsville, AL 35814-4000