On Sunday 10 April 2016 04:15:57 Gregg Eshelman wrote:

> Links got stripped. Search eBay and ye shall find. :)

Why? They don't get stripped when I post them as I'll demo below.  Yet
another advantage of using yahoo? Irritating thier customers sure seems
to be a good way to enhance their failing business.

OTOH I use email like it was designed for, with ALL the editing etc done
right here on this machine my the TDE version of kmail and submitted to
the net thru eith my ISP's mail server, or in this case thru the tv
stations mail server where I have a lifetime account at mail.wdtv.com.

I also have an automatic account frm my ISP, shentel.net, so I have at
least two paths to the big pipe.

So the commercial folks like yahoo, hotmail, aol or gmail, never have a
chance to make html out of my text and then screw it up by stripping the
html.  So what you see IS what I typo'd or miss-spelled from this
keyboard. :)

For instance:
<http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tg/siteloc.shtml> is where you would go to get
the call sign of the nearest airport's weather machine so that gkrellm,
if you have the weather plugin installed, can give you a weather report
that is not more than 15 minutes old.  I can get it at shorter intervals
but why abuse that server?

Webmail, from any vendor is so crippled by vendor lockin that if what I
post disappears for any reason except the servers msg size limit, it
would be the last post I'd ever make thru that service.  And it is not
open for discussion.  I can and have, posted 250+ kilobytes worth of
a .jpg to this list, but that is close to the configured limit.

Stripping an 150 byte html address from an email is unforgivable.  Thats
censorship, pure and simply said.