On Fri, 2016-04-08 at 17:21 -0500, John Thornton wrote:
> Are your drives velocity input +-10vdv input?

Thats what I was trying to find out, the manual I have is for a A06B-
6050 and that is +-10v but I was trying to confirm if the 6058 was
also.

> You will need a pointing device to start LinuxCNC AFAIK unless you
> have
> it start up when you boot the machine. Dunno what the PC will do
> without
> a pointing device now a days. Axis has the most AFAIK keyboard
> shortcuts
> of all the GUI's.

The system will boot directly into LinuxCNC, there will not be anything
else loaded on the machine.  I want to give the guys on the shop floor
the same user interface they are accustomed to, a keyboard and some F
keys along the bottom of the screen.

Thanks.

--
Ormund