Ethernet patch cable might work.  This is NOT the same as the kind they
pull though walls.  The in-wall type is solid, the patch kind is stranded
and has RF45 connectors  with over molded strain relief on each end.   I'
think the patch kind would be great if you use the RJ45 connectors on each
end.  You could replace it every 10 years when it fails with another $4
patch cable   Don't try and make you own.    The pre-made ones come in any
length from about 12" to 25 feet and they have those over molded train
reliefs.   The common kind of RF45 termination tools work only with the
solid in-wall kind of wire so don't use them.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Mark Johnsen <m...@ijohnsen.com> wrote:

> Allied Electronics has _Continuous Flex_ cable listed and that's what you'd
> want when attaching to a moving axis, whether it's in a cable drag chain or
> not.  Here's the Alpha wire catalog page from Allied Electronics page:
>
> http://www.alliedelec.com/catalog/pf.aspx?fn=1358.pdf
>
> If anyone knows of a better place (cheaper) to get cable, I'm all ears...
>
> The problem w/ continuous flex is that it's very expensive.  So, you need
> to ask yourself if it's worth it?  Usually, I end up going w/ normal cable
> and in this case, some ethernet cable as suggested might work okay.  If
> it's a hobby garage machine, it's probably fine, if it's a 24/7 production
> machine, you might spend the money...
>
> Mark
>

> > On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Nicklas Karlsson <
> > nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> How about ordinary ethernet cable?

> >> would
> time