On Saturday 15 July 2017 08:27:49 Nicklas Karlsson wrote:

> > > I reached a point there I could start to think more about the
> > > configuration. I tried the gschem approach and could generate a
> > > hal file. The small python script convert the geda netlist into a
> > > hal file.
> >
> > The stuff here?
> > http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HalSchematicsUsingGschem
>
> Attached picture correspond almost to my configuration of four axis
> machine although I have som more IO and others and setp is missing.
> For axis and step blocks there are a schematic hidden below there
> constant parameters for the blocks should be set.
>
> Major obstacle before usable state is some problem with hierarchy and
> generate setp rows, it does not feel to bad in two days.
>

> Nicklas Karlsson

The .png cannot be zoomed to inspect details, but for 2 days work, looks
better than I expected. And thats encouraging.

Are you intending to be able to translate an existing, working config
into this, and to be able to take this back to working .ini + .hal
files?

Not necessarily the originals, but perhaps order optimized that still do
the exact same job? That would, I believe, make logic mistakes in the
original .hal easier to spot.  Face-palm moments, those. :-)