Maybe I am thinking too simplistically, but my approach would be:
Start with my 3-axis config
Copy it
add the fourth axis information to the copy
change the name of he config to 4 axis.

The steppers I used cannot have the motor connected while powered.  So this
method suits me.

--J. Ray Mitchell Jr.
jrmitche...@gmail.com

"Good enough is the enemy of excellence"author unknown