Hi Onno,

very good point.
Thanks for this feedback.
We will add a check for the next version to avoid this in future.

As far as I know this applies to the following labels:
> ui/locale/en-US/enigmail.properties:usingAgent=
> ui/locale/en-US/enigmail.properties:offlineSave=
> ui/locale/en-US/enigmail.properties:onlineSend=
> ui/locale/en-US/enigmail.properties:sc.wrongCardAvailable=
> ui/locale/en-US/enigmail.properties:keyAndSigDate=
> ui/locale/en-US/enigmail.properties:noEncryption=
> ui/locale/en-US/enigmail.properties:addKeyToRule=
> ui/locale/en-US/enigmail.properties:specificPubKeyFilename=
> ui/locale/en-US/enigmail.properties:specificPubSecKeyFilename=

Fortunately, none of these labels is new with v1.7.
Thus, we didn't make the problem worse. ;-)

Best
 Nico

Am 04.07.2014 14:57, Onno Ekker schrieb/wrote:
> One more thing :-)
>
> In enigmail.properties i see several strings with more
> placeholders (e.g. offlineSave"Save %S message to %S in Unsent
> Messages folder?"). I think you should use %1s and %2s here,
> because the order in which the two arguments are may vary from
> language to language. See also this page for reference:
> <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK/Tutorials/l10n#Ordering_Placeholders>

Please keep in mind that in order for all localizers to
> check/change such strings you shouldn't change the string itself,
> but rather add a new string like offlineSave2 in this case.
>
> Onno
>

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 2:30 PM, António Manuel Dias
> <ammd...@gmail.com <mailto:ammd...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Onno Ekker <o.e.ek...@gmail.com
> <mailto:o.e.ek...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> It would also be nice if you give the labels and accesskeys the
> same name. For instance, now there's a label called
> enigmail.keyMan.keyProps.label with accesskey called
> enigmail.keyMan.keyDetails.accesskey. This makes it very hard to
> find the correct accesskey, because you first have to find the xul
> file where it is used.
>
> Structuring the dtd and properties files so that label and
> accesskey are together would also be nice, because that way you
> can see at a glance that the accesskey is in the label and you
> only have to worry about choosing unique accesskeys...
>

> I second this proposal.  It can be very hard to choose the right
> access keys, not knowing to which label they correspond and also
> what access keys are already used in the corresponding context
> (dialog, menu).
>
> Best regards,
>
> -- António Manuel Dias
>
> <http://maracujah.net>

- --
Nicolai M. Josuttis
www.josuttis.de
PGP Fingerprint: EA25 EF48 BF20 01E4 1FAB 0C1C DEF9 FC80 8A1C 44D0

+49 (0)531 / 129 88 86
+49 (0)700 / 5678 8888
+49 (0)700 / JOSUTTIS

IT communication      http://it-communication.com
SOA in Practice       http://soa-in-practice.com
C++ Standard Library  http://cppstdlib.com

- --
Nicolai M. Josuttis
www.josuttis.de
mailto:n...@enigmail.net
PGP fingerprint: CFEA 3B9F 9D8E B52D BD3F 7AF6 1C16 A70A F92D 28F5