> That might work provided you haven't rolled the counter over already...

I've rolled over 5 times now, or was it 6 times?

Canon repair depot can read the 1 series camera (as well as my old EOS-3
film body) for number of shutter actuation, don't know about the lower
series film DSLRs.

And this is why I felt strongly that the image number on DSLRs should be 5
numerical digits long to capture at least 99,999 frames before rolling over.

Ken