Help me here. I thought that if you shorted across the motor cables it would
not move, no?
Mark Grasser

"as well as the parking pawl that drops into the teeth on the flywheel IIRC"

The MES drive has an output to activate a parking pawl when in electronic
"park".  I never implemented it but I thought it was a great idea.