.

> On Nov 23, 2014, at 12:54 PM, robert winfield via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> wrote:
>
> ... I shoulda got a Tesla as a Leaf did not meet my needs (1,000 mile plus
> trips 3-6 times a year)

Why would you do anything besides rent a vehicle for these trips, no matter
what you use for your daily driver?

Suppose you are 500 miles from home and something goes wrong with the vehicle
(accident, some sort of mechanical or electrical failure). In you own car, you
have to figure out where to get it fixed, find some alternate transportation to
finish your trip, then get back there to get your car once it is fixed. In a
rental car, you call the rental car company, and have them bring you another
car. Done.

Ed