I don't know what stiffen the pack means. Sounds made up.

I did watch my car charge on a chademo charger though. I had 15 miles range
showing when it started. It said 27 minutes to charge. It started at 100 amps.
After about 8 minutes I was up to a 60% charge and it was charging at 48 amps.
It had steadily dropped as it charger. Not sure why they do this but I suppose
they don't want to overheat the cells.

I don't believe it's necessary based on my testing of LiFePO4 but maybe these
other chemistries heat more rapidly. At any rate chademo doesn't use consistent
power to charge if they did it would be much faster. I don't know if ccs does
the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone