There are exceptions, but typically the internal resistance of a cell/battery reaches a minimum at 100% SOC. Basically, a fully charged, completely balanced, battery pack is indeed "stiffer".

The notable exception is LiFePO4. The internal resistance of these particular cells is a very weak function of SOC. They stay "stiff" and at close to the same voltage for much of their discharge. Only at very low SOC does the internal resistance rise significantly. The same is true for very high SOC.

The typical pack in an OEM EV is Li-Ion metal oxide of some sort. The internal resistance is a strong function of SOC (as is the cell voltage,) and the resistance is at a minimum at 100% SOC, so the pack is the most "stiff" when at 100% SOC and completely balanced.