Yes, Nissan is terrible about upgrades. I'm several versions behind because, in order to go to a dealer, I need to take half a day - a lot of driving and a lot of waiting. Just not worth the time unless absolutely necessary. Or, maybe, it's a good thing. Perhaps they have little control over disabling the car :)

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Willie via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: 22-May-17 10:40:47 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] @50kW: Chevy Bolt charge times with a level 3 charger

On 05/22/2017 12:09 PM, Jamie K via EV wrote:

True for 2011/12 LEAF models.

However the LEAF's guess-o-meter was improved later models. Even better,
a useful battery-percentage-remaining display option was added.

A good point! Also points out the Leaf weakness of not having OTA software updates ala Tesla. My Tesla started with a not very useful fisheye backup camera. After a few months, lines appeared on the display that marked the car's path. You could then tell exactly what territory the backing car was going to move over. Also, you used to have to go the the service center to get new/different tire pressure sensors programmed. Like when you had a flat and changed wheels. Now, you press a button on the display and the TPS thing reprograms itself. There have been hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of such tweaks. No visits to the dealer required. Nissan tries to get Leaf owners into dealerships at every opportunity. I've heard of some Leaf owners being charged for oil changes during such visits.