EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
So maybe I'd try a bit of gentle humor.

I'd park my EV behind an ICEd spot.  I'd have someone take a picture of me
holding the charging cable that I'd pulled out past the ICEV toward my EV -
but darn it, it just won't quite reach.

I'd make a windshield for the offending vehicles flyer with that pic, and a
little text, something like "Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you
please try to leave at least one of the EV chargers available?"  I'd sign it
something silly like "A member of the rare and endangered Nova Scotia
species, EV Driver."

That's just off the top of my head, and I'm sure you can come up with
something much more creative and entertaining.

But I think the key is to (at least at first) avoid being confrontational.
Assume they're polite people, which is probably easier to believe in Canada
than in the US, and just need to be gently reminded of their manners.

I love it! It's worth a try. :-)

I remember a study on how hard it is to make signs that people will actually respond to. You have to somehow make it memorable, connect with the reader, and make him want to join "your" side. Humor is a good way to do this.

For example, a sign that says simply "No littering" is completely useless. In contrast, one of the most effective was an old Pogo cartoon for Earth Day. It shows Pogo Possum attempting to clean up the litter in his beloved swamp. The caption reads, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
     (Mother Teresa)