There is a bit of contention for spaces where I work. In my assigned garage, there is one L2 charging station, with one space designated for EVs. A week or so ago, the designated spot was occupied by a Volt that seemed to have been abandoned - it was parked in the space for four days straight, as far as I could tell.

Nearby, an obstruction was marked off with several orange cones. One day when I was leaving, I moved one of the cones to block the space adjacent to the Volt, and sure enough, the next day that space was available for me. We'll see how long I can get away with this subterfuge.

I have been contacting the parking authorities from time to time trying to make a case for marking two spaces for a single charger, probably time to do so again.

Cal Frye

PS - I've seen a Ford CMax, two Volts, four Leafs (including mine), an i3, and a Bolt all circling the space, fortunately not all at the same time. It's certainly time to request more chargers!

Dan Baker via EV <mailto:ev@lists.evdl.org>
December 8, 2017 at 7:27 AM
Hey everyone thanks for the response so far. I agree now, better to try a
more friendly method then resort to push & threaten. So frustrating
though, easy to get caught up. Would love to see some of those printed
cards/flyers Mark!

Cheers
Dan