You do not want to know what (passenger)trains are dumping on the
tracks...

-----Original Message-----
From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Lee Hart via EV
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2017 11:20 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Cc: Lee Hart
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Solar trailer calculation

Haudy Kazemi via EV wrote:
> How about we put solar cells on the road surface and either
> conductively or inductively transfer the energy to the car? :)
>
> No wind problems this way. No large trailers needed either.
>
> It would have localized shading by snow and rush hour, though, amongst
other issues pointed out elsewhere for solar roadways.

That's an interesting idea. What if the railroads installed PV panels
between the rails? That way, they never get driven on. The power they
produce can be fed to the rails to power the train.

It would not be difficult to have a "cleaner car" to clear the PV panels
of snow, ice, dust, or debris.

--
Whether we or our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our
deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a