Haudy Kazemi via EV wrote:
How about we put solar cells on the road surface and either conductively or
inductively transfer the energy to the car? :)

No wind problems this way. No large trailers needed either.

It would have localized shading by snow and rush hour, though, amongst other
issues pointed out elsewhere for solar roadways.

That's an interesting idea. What if the railroads installed PV panels between the rails? That way, they never get driven on. The power they produce can be fed to the rails to power the train.

It would not be difficult to have a "cleaner car" to clear the PV panels of snow, ice, dust, or debris.

--
Whether we or our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all
our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory,