Hi Phil,

The 20A 120VAC courtesy outlet is on a 20A breaker at the ground mount array
that we put on most volunteer solar jobs that pass inspection.  I don't see why
a 240VAC on a 50A breaker tapped off (at the array or home) would be any
different.

The NEC code says the solar circuit is on a single dedicated line  - same for
an EV charging circuit, so technically solar arrays shouldn't have *any*
courtesy outlets on them even though they pass inspection.  The garage tap-off
for solar seems like the same fudge since that's not dedicated either - but
passes inspections & local electricians tell me that both are ok.

Have a renewable energy day,

Mark

Mark E. Hanson

184 Vista Lane

Fincastle, VA 24090

540-473-1248 phone & FAX, 540-816-0812 cell

REEVA: community service RE & EV project club

Website: www.REEVAdiy.org (See Project Gallery)

UL Certified PV Installer

My RE&EV Circuits: www.EVDL.org/lib/mh

REEVA Demo: http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0