On 21 Oct 2008, at 05:25, Nate Aune wrote:

I know one large non-profit that chose a commercial intranet solution
over Plone because the commercial vendor included everything in the
pricing, and the product appeared to do more "out-of-the-box" whereas
Plone appeared to require a lot of customization to get it to do what
the commercial product was offering. We need better marketing
materials to show what Plone is capable of providing out-of-the-box,
and how it can be easily extended with 3rd party add-on components.
Otherwise, we're going to continue to get reamed by these vendors
hawking proprietary CMSes.

We've had exactly the same thing when pitching before. Its a perception thing. But also if you are flogging a, say, $50K licensing fee you can easily 'bury' a bit of customisation in there which makes it 'seem' more out of the box.

-Matt

PS. What was the outcome of the plone marketing mailing list? I know it exists, but not had an messages in many months, is it deprecated?

--
Matt Hamilton                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]