Actually, it would show we are arrogant and cavalier about security -
which are about the worst things you can be in the eyes of an
enterprise customer.

People who are serious about security TEST the security of their
software in a professional, systematic way.  They get experts in the
field and folks who really know what they are doing to make sure
nothing in their code or deployment is opening up websites to attack
or possible compromise of data.

The whole "opening your software to hackers" thing is a stunt - a
stunt with very little if any upside, and a huge potential downside.
If someone brings your server to its knees with a Denial of Service
attack or a weakness in the OS you are running on, you can complain
from now until eternity that it wasn't "fair" but the only coverage
you are going to get is "Plone gets hacked."  If no one is able to
hack the site, its not really something worthy of coverage, now is it?
 Afterall, we are already well known as having one of  the best
security records of any CMS.

If Plone had previously been weak on security, and had gotten its act
together, this might make sense.  But in reality -- where Plone is a
VERY secure system with a long-term record of protecting sites and
data -- this kind of circus stunt is not a good idea.

Mark

Mark A Corum
User Interface Designer | Online Marketer | Certified ScrumMaster

markcorum on AOL, Googletalk, MSN, Skype, Meebo, TokBox, Facebook,
Twitter and Yahoo;

"Light up the darkness." - Bob Marley
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who watches the watchmen?) -
Juvenales, Satires
"No matter where you go ... there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai