Quentin, about those darn numbers:

Although I am not FOR their omnipotence/science and
have some reservations - as I explained partially -
I have a different notion HOW "a number" can "mean"
whatever.
*
Older members who still went to libraries (before the
computer only generation <G>) may remember the still
existing "decimal" system to organize library-stuff
(and anything else). It had basic topics in a decimal
form, where the fractional part identified the detail,
then with additions in (-), /, :, [-], and
+,-,_,=,etc. you name it, ALL connotations, details,
relations and peculiarities could be specified and
included into THAT "NUMBER" (sometimes pretty long).
This was a primitive way and I am sure the
number-lover members of this list know better, but for
starters this could be a hint how numbers can 'mean'
something.

Sorry to support the enemy

John M

--- Quentin Anciaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>