Le 29-janv.-07, à 00:11, Jason Resch a écrit :

> Thanks, that was an interesting read.  I find it surprising how many
> people find MWI so disturbing, perhaps it is the pessimists always
> assuming the worst is happening.  Instead of focusing on the good or
> bad, I look at the variety it produces.  Many worlds leaves no rock
> unturned and no path untread, it realizes every possibility and to me
> this is an amazing and beautiful result.

Yes. Although it makes sense in QM only because QM justifies that some
possibility have more weight than others.

Now a universal turing machine (in the mathematical sense) cannot
distinguish ersatz linguistic worlds (cf David Lewis) from "real" one,
and this asks already for a "MWI" interpretation of arithmetic.

It less clear that some world will be less weighted (and that is what
we call the hunting of white rabbits).