> Your identity must be preserved as your brain continues to expand to make
> room for all that informaton that must be stored. Now, I find it hard to

Why should all the info be stored/your id. be preserved?
We constantly forget stuff - as you get older and older, you will forget
past stuff, so that different past histories would be compatible with
your present state - maybe something like the quantum erasure experiment
can function as an analogue: if you erase all info about which path is
taken, superposition is restored.

Same with brain: if you forget, many pasts will correspond to your
present state. Your present state will be something like a narrow valve
moving along a river - everything contained in the valve is "you", and
the water flows through (water = events); but what is outside the "you"
expands quite fast. You have no claim to a specific past which is not
correlated with your brain state anymore.

Cheers,
Günther