Dear George,
I was missing more of your contributions on this list lately (years?). Let
me reflect to a few of your topics:

*Chaos.*
A decade or so ago I was named 'resident chaotician' on another list - later
changed my mind when I was disenchanted by the 'physical chaologists' who
picked some 'chaotic' problems that seemed to them as calculable in the
original (greek mythological) chaos: the unfathomable uncalculable
(pre-geometrical?) plenitude of which the Chronos-Zeus family derived our
"Kraxlwerk" (world). Since then I put 'chaos' into the maze of
scale-differences (more than just SOME orders of magnitude?) that conflate
our math-based thinking. We learn to think about 'chaotic' (very slowly, but
we do, indeed).
Thank you for leading (me?) towards Tohu-va-Bohu (what I always wrote in one
'tohuvabohu' in ANY language and applied it for some unresolvable mixup in a
conglomerate.

*"And God saw the light and it was good"* is translated in some other
languages as "And God saw THAT the light was good" (Rabbit: which one is
close to the original?) Does not underline an omniscient God. Now - your God
= Consciousness is to my liking: I could not identify either of them. I
consider Ccness a covering noumenon of many phenomena detected over a long
cultural history and in my speculations I boiled it down to "responding to
information" - self-recursively, or not. E.g. the response of an electron to
a + charge etc.
So it really covers the entire World as you connotation would imply for God
= Consciousness.
>From this position it is obvious that I am not much for the Anthropic
Principle. It is a backwards thinking from visualizing "US" (as God's
children?) as the main actors in the world. We are not.

*Consciousness can only see order in the world that it perceives:* reminds
me both David Bohm's *'ORDER'* as whatever we know of (and could arrange
into the order of our knowledge) - as contrasted such *'explicit
(order)'*to the
*'implicit' world  --  *a n d  also to Colin Hales' mini-solipsism about
everybody carrying as a personalized (partial) world-content (reality?) the
content of one's mind *in the personally adjusted formulation.* I like to
call it a *"perceived reality".* Which I find congruent with your
"consciousness filters out the world from chaos".

I still feel that R.Rabbit would add more content to 'God' than just
consciousness. (Cf: Bruno's 'Theos').

John M