> > Why do you want to convince Richard Dawkins? You give him credit.
>
> Because I know that I know how to persuade him of the truth based on
> evidence *and* emotion. I can prove to him, personally, that I am God, and
> that I created the universe. And he will believe it. Because I can show
> him a causal loop between the mental world, the physical world, and the
> ficional world that explains both intelligent design *and* evolution. I
> can show him how man's sense of humor and laughter evolved, and how
> they're related to the causal loop. I can show him how love and the idea
> of God evolved, and how they're related to the causal loop. I can show him
> that Jesus was a real person, and was really God, and that the Catholic
> Church he despises is just a bad copy of the real thing, and I can show
> him how to fix it. And I can show the church how to fix it. But I have to
> do it one day at a time, and I have to do it by *talking* to people, or
> it's not worth my effort, because I have my own personal problems, and I
> can show how *they* are related to all this. And I can explain how Hari
> Seldon's psychohistory worked in Isaac Asimov's Foundation trilogy,
> because I have figured the whole damn thing out.
>
> What it all boils down to, guys, is that the reason marriage counseling
> works is that when two people love each other but can't live together they
> need a neutral third party to mediate because they can't understand each
> other's arguments.
>
> I understand Richard Dawkins and the Catholic Church well enough to get
> them talking, if they'll listen to me. I don't know how to get their
> attention without ruining my marriage. I'm trapped in God's logic trap.
> I've done my best to talk to the Church - I have spent a couple of hours
> with a priest, and he seems interested, but I can't figure out how to get
> him to do anything helpful.
>
> Is anybody willing to help me? I need help to get this done. I know the
> help will come one way or another, but I'm asking the members of the list:
> does anybody understand me or want to help me?

Mark, if you're not kidding here I honestly think you may be experiencing some
kind of mental disorder, perhaps a manic state (good description of these kinds
of states by Oliver Sacks at
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2008/sep/25/a-summer-of-madness/?pagination=false
 ) or even the onset of schizophrenia...please consider seeing a psychiatrist,
just to check! Of course it could be that you are psychologically "normal" but
have just fallen under the sway of some very weird ideas...the fact that you
can't actually explain these ideas but expect some weird synchronicity to occur
in the physical presence of others that will allow you to convince them of the
validity of these ideas is suspicious though, it seems like a form of magical
thinking.