Well...

Did Gene Ray died the other night as you predicted ?

No, then go consult.

Simple as that.

Regards,
Quentin

2010/7/18 Mark Buda <her...@acm.org>

> > Well, it's impossible to know what's going on with you based on a few
> > email messages but it definitely sounds like it could be a manic state to
> > me--this sort of grandiosity and boundless confidence in one's own
> > abilities and powers is common in mania.
>
> Of course it is. But note that I'm not claiming any extraordinary powers -
> I'm claiming that I know something ineffable, something I cannot explain
> to you except by talking to you in person. And even then I can't explain
> it - I can just explain part of it. You will have to figure out the rest
> on your own. The thing is, the part I can explain is different for
> different people. If I don't know what you believe about the world, I
> can't make what I know make sense to you, because part of what I know is
> literally not true, from your perspective. It's a paradox.
>
> If I'm correct, then there are only two other people in my subjective
> universe who can understand the paradox, and I can't even be sure which
> people those two are. Because of the nature of the paradox. If I knew who
> one of them was, I wouldn't be able to know who the other one was. It's
> sort of like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.
>
> Yes, it's exactly like the Heisenberg uncertainly principle. There are
> three people in the universe who know what I know. If I interact with
> somebody long enough to determine whether they know what I know, that sets
> in motion a sequence of events that makes it impossible for me to know who
> the other one is. I believe I know who they are, and I can't prove this
> knowledge to either one of them without losing one of them. I think. It's
> all very complicated, as I said.
>
> > And having interacted with a friend in a manic state I would definitely
> > say they can seem "fairly normal" if they choose to talk about
> > subjects other than the grandiose and cosmic.
>
> Because what we call "mania" is a manifestation of this same paradox in
> somebody's psychology and/or brain chemistry, leading them to the eventual
> resolution of the paradox in their subjective universe. They'll figure it
> out eventually, although it may not appear that way to you.
>
> > Have you been feeling particularly energetic or happy or "alive" lately?
> > Any changes in your sensory experience, like colors and sounds seeming
> > more vivid and beautiful? Do your body movements feel more coordinated,
> > graceful, fluid?
>
> No, none of that stuff.
>
> > Would you consider the possibility that it is some kind of mental
> > disorder if you tried to explain your ideas to some people in person and
> > they didn't find your ideas coherent? Have you tried explaining them to
> > anyone you know already?
>
> Absolutely. And I've done so. Hell, I told a Catholic priest I was God and
> I couldn't get him to admit that anything I was saying didn't make sense.
> Although he wasn't sure what to do with the information. I sent email to
> the pope last year asking politely what you were supposed to do to inform
> the Catholic Church if you had a revelation from God, but I never got an
> answer. Having been raised Catholic, I thought it fair to give them
> another chance by asking a priest what I was supposed to do. He didn't
> know. I talked to him twice. The first time, I couldn't explain it to him,
> I just knew that I knew something important. The second time, I went into
> more detail. I've figured some more stuff out, I'll probably talk to him
> again. I'd rather talk to Richard Dawkins; it'd be easier to explain to
> him.
>
> You'd think the church would have some kind of procedure for dealing with
> revelations, but apparently they're not as organized as they appear. I
> intend to fix that.
>
> > And on this list Kevin Fischer offered to talk to
> > you on Skype for half an hour, I don't know if that would qualify as
> > sufficiently "in person" (if not, can you say what part of the world you
> > live?)
>
> Yes, but I don't have Skype. If installing Skype and talking to Kevin
> Fischer turns out to seem to be the best thing to do, I'll do it then, if
> he's still willing.
>
> I live near Washington, DC, USA.
> --
> Mark Buda <her...@acm.org>
> I get my monkeys for nothing and my chimps for free.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-l...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<everything-list%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>
>


-- 
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To post to this group, send email to everything-l...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.

Reply via email to