2011/2/12 1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com>

> On Feb 11, 11:50 pm, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > So which is the ontological premise? You don't say
> > > that Platonism is an explicit premise. But it isn't
> > > a corollary of CT either.
> >
> > The ontological premise is that *you* could be replaced by *a digital
> brain*
> > in other word a program and still be you.
>
> That just repeats the same ambiguity. Is the programe supposed to be
> physically
> instantiated as patterns of electrical charge in circuitry, or
> floating around in Plato's heaven.

When I program, I don't care about circuitry, I care about what the program
does. The circuitry add nothing from this POV. The only thing cicuitry add
is the possible interaction I can have with the program, and that is
absolutely necessary if I wan't to interact with it. But that doesn't change
the program in itself.