On Feb 14, 6:50 am, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Perhaps humans are merely
> severely disabled when it comes to seeing and feeling the mathematical
> reality and our deficit in seeing this reality is much the same as an ant's
> poor vision prevents it from making out a mountain vista.

If mathematicians share this deficit, then they are doing maths
successfully without being able to peep into Plato's heaven, so
they Plato's heaven does not explain their abilities. There is no
need to posit its existence to explain anything.

>Nevertheless, a
> creature with such a capability is not inconceivable, and arguably some
> synesthetes have experienced this.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Tammet#Synesthesia

Or synaesthetes are just co-opting their visual processing
to solve maths problems, as graphics co-processors
can also be used for number crunching.

BYW, Tammet is no good at "advanced maths" which tends not to be