1Z wrote:
>> > Physics cannot be eliminated in favour of non existent numbers.
>> > Numbers
>> > have to exist for the conclusion to follow
>> Physics is not eliminated, on the contrary, physics is explained from
>> something non physical.
> The anti realist position is not that numbers are some existing non-
> physical
> thing: it is that they are not existent at all.
If numbers don't exist at all, what does a statement that seems very much
like a non-fictional and true statement, like "I have two hands" mean?
If you have two hands, two does exists, otherwise you couldn't have two of
something, right?

Or is it a fictional statement?

But this is obviously absurd! - Except if you accept that fictional things
are, too, real in a sense, but this would mean that "fictional"
numbers/computation can indeed be what determines the appearance of the

Or numbers are material things and numbers give rise to (in this case) the
rest of material things. In this case your sense of material is quite
akward, though.