On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm not talking about the idea of a primary color as linguistic
> distinction, I'm talking about the inability of a color to be reduced
> to combinations of other colors. Red, Green, and Blue are the primary
> hues of projected light, Red, Yellow, and Blue are the primary hues of
> reflected light. Cultures may not distinguish green from blue as far
> as referring to it by name, but they can see that green and green plus
> cannot be made by combining any other colors if it were demonstrated
> to them.

Craig,

Do you believe there is something physically special about red green and
blue compared to other wavelengths of light?  Do you think other animals
that see colors can only see combinations of red, green and blue, regardless
of the number of types of color receptive cells are in their retina?

Jason