On Jul 27, 11:04 am, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Would you agree that intelligence cannot be faked?  That is to say, if your
> youtube program were a good enough representation to give the appearance of
> intelligence, is that process necessarily intelligent?  If your youtube
> program were presented with SAT questions, and it scored highly, say
> representative of a person with a 150 IQ, do you think it is possible to
> claim the process is only offering fake intelligence, in actuality it is not
> intelligent but just blindly following instructions and not understanding a
> thing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

Intelligence is just a word. It wasn't intended to differentiate human
from non human or genuine from simulated intelligence. All of our
terms - consciousness, sentience, awareness, life, etc are too loose
for these kinds of hypotheticals. It would be more appropriate maybe
to ask whether the process being offered is robotic versus adaptive,
spanning tree or neural network, etc. It's not a matter of being fake
or not, it's just a matter of how similar it's experience is to ours
and how easily we can relate the results of it's process as resembling
out own. If you give a computer program the answers to the SAT, then
it will score highly. It still has no capacity to care about it. What
we see as intelligence in a computer is our own intelligence reflected
back to us - piggybacking on the molecular unity of silicon and other
glass-like semiconductive materials. It's native intelligence is low
level - hot wires and stop-go-stop traffic lights.

Craig
http://s33light.org