On Jul 26, 4:52 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > I don't see how I'm begging the question. I'm just saying that feeling
> > is the interior topology of biological cells, and so a brain made of
> > non-biological cells won't feel the same.
> That's fine.  I'm OK with that as an hypothesis.  But it means that a
> being that *acts* the same *may not feel the same*; i.e. may be a
> philosophical zombie.  That there can be a mismatch between what is felt
> and what is reported as felt (reports are *acts*).

Right, but I'm adding that something that does not feel the same may
eventually not act the same, and that may be inevitable as behavior is
constantly reflecting interior states. If you force an exterior state
on a being, it may not change the interior to match, but that doesn't
mean that the exterior state won't match the interior at some point. A
more concrete example is plastic surgery. Does it necessarily change
your personality? Does it give you license to express different
aspects of your personality? Are you the same person? As you age will
the effect fade?