So you*are*  conceding the first point, that it is possible to make
something that behaves as if it's conscious without actually being
conscious? We don't even need to talk about brain physics: for the
purposes of the philosophical discussion it can be a magical device
created by God. If you don't concede this then you are essentially
agreeing with functionalism: that if something behaves as if it's
conscious then it is necessarily conscious.

I agree with you vis a vis Craig. But I think functionalism may well allow different kinds of consciousness (and I'm not clear that Bruno's version does). That we "hear" an inner narration of our thoughts is probably an evolutionary accident arising because it was efficient to utilize some of the same brain structure used for hearing when thinking in language (c.f. Julian Jaynes). If we were making an artificial intelligent being we could chose to have separate hardware and software perform the perception and the cogitation. Would that being be conscious? I'd say so. It could certainly act consciously. Would it be conscious in the same way we are? No. Similarly with vision and visual imagination.