On 8/12/2011 2:08 PM, Pilar Morales wrote:

    I see you take it for granted that "the Universe was born". Was it
    indeed? Maybe "OUR" universe was, but I speak about the "World"
    (Multiverse, none of them necessarily identical in any sense) in
    which we inhabit a pretty simple one with 'the' physical system we
    have.

John, I personally don't believe there was a begining with nothing before it. Information is not created or destroyed, just transformed. The Universe is being born every day in a way.

Since in QM information can be negative, it may be the universe not only has zero energy it also has zero information (in fact that would seem implicit in the idea that everything happens).

Brent
The universe is just nothing, rearranged.
    --- Yonatan Fishman