On 8/15/2011 7:08 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

    just like you can simulate flight if you simulate the environment
    you are flying in.

But do we need to simulate the entire atmosphere in order to simulate flight, or just the atmosphere in the immediate area around the surfaces of the plane? Likewise, it seems we could take shortcuts in simulating the environment surrounding a mind and get the behavior we are after.

Why simulate? Why not create a robot with sensors so it can interact the natural environment.