I won't answer to this post in detail, simply because I find it unsatisfying
to discuss details that are very easy to see for me, yet hardly
communicable.
Honestly, for all intents and purposes I have come to the conclusion that it
is just totally irrelevant to me whether COMP is true or false, which
renders the discussion about it's consequences moot. I believe in the
consequences that I like either way.

It seems to me all theoretical understanding is just a tool for emotional
understanding anyway.

Bruno Marchal wrote:

>> Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>>
>>> Just that current humans still look for authoritative arguments, in
>>> all direction. I'm afraid I will have to come back next millennium.
>> You are right. I am more optimistic, though, I would advise you to
>> take a
>> shot next century ;).
>
> When I was young I was sure that computers, the UMs, would become
> personal objects, but I thought it would take one of two century, not
> 1/2 century; so you may be right. I was also pretty sure prohibition
> would fall down before 2000. I was wrong.
> So you may be right: next century perhaps. But I maight be right too.
> On conceptual thing, human are slow. Look how much people around you
> still believe that cannabis should be illegal, and that is only about
> a century of brainwashing. Aristotle theology is more than 1500 years
> of brainwashing, helped by billionth years of evolution. Those things
> will take time, even if salvia and plants might accelerate things, a
> little bit.
I think if enough people discover genuine love, there might be a chain
reaction that gets us to heaven on earth quicker than we can imagine :).
I've come to the belief that's it's really ALL about love (first and
foremost love towards yourself). Even science is about love (towards
knowledge, progress, modesty,... - actually all very important things even
outside of science). We just need to see that and then the rest will follow!
And we can't calculate love. It's the true singularity :).

So let me just say that I love your attempt to free people from materialist
brainwashing :). That 's really one of the most important beliefs to let go
off. How could you be really happy if you think everything is guided by
something that doesn't care about any well-being? Maybe it's love guiding it
after all (would you identify arithmetical truth and love?).

benjayk