On 9/7/2011 6:48 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Sep 6, 10:10 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
On 9/6/2011 5:42 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

If all bodies are computations, then what's the difference?
You're just being obtuse.  All bodies are composed of atoms, so what's the
between them.
No, I'm being facetious. I'm not the one claiming that there's no
important difference between a living cell and an inorganic compound,

Neither am I, which is why you're being obtuse.

or between a computer program and a human psyche. My position is that
there is an obvious difference, and that difference remains important
even if we try to make it less obvious with sophisticated simulations.

Yes I know. As Stathis pointed out your theory entails that no two things can be alike. Cheverolet's are distinguishable from Ford's therefore there is Chevrolet steel and Ford steel composed of Chevrolet atoms and Ford atoms repsectively. The idea that there are automobiles is a just prejudice of automotive engineers who refuse to see the difference.