On 9/13/2011 4:26 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Sep 13, 3:24 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
On 9/13/2011 12:00 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

If it was completely determined by other things, then it's existence
would be redundant.
Which is why it doesn't exist.  Unless you just mean that feeling that "I want
what I want
and I don't know why".
Yes, that's the feeling. But it's also the feeling that "I want to
know why". It's the existence of any feeling at all. Totally redundant
to function.

No it is not totally redundant. That's an illusion due to our use of language. We imagine that there are no feelings that go with words but that's false. Ask yourself why a sound logical argument feels compelling. It's not redundant to function; it drives the choice of what to think and say.