On 01 Feb 2012, at 00:02, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Jan 31, 4:40 pm, Terren Suydam <terren.suy...@gmail.com> wrote:
What if a baby is fed a virtual reality from the day it was born?
Assume that (as in the movie) the sensory inputs are rich enough that
if we were to experience it, we would be hard pressed to detect that
it was a virtual reality.

I will agree for the sake of argument, but if my theory is true,
reality may be felt literally in your bones on some (maybe
unconscious) level. There may be no way of truly trapping someone in a
fantasy with no chance of them knowing it.

That is again a consequence of the comp theory. Indeed, with comp, the QM facts can already be interpreted as us realizing that we are in *the* arithmetical simulation. I have often explained that with comp, to hide that arithmetical simulation, and thus to trap people in a higher level fantasy, we need to introduce a potentially infinite amount of information in the simulating system, or we need to artificially withdraw information in the mind of the simulated entities. To sum up, if we can be failed for some instants by a simulation, we cannot be failed for a arbitrary longer sequence of instants.