On 2/4/2012 1:17 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
The emotion of your laptot is unknown, and unmanifested, because your laptop has no deep persistant self-reference ability to share with you. We want a slave, and would be anxious in front of a machine taking too much independence.

Bruno

Yes, that's exactly why John McCarthy wrote that we should not provide AI programs with self-reflection and emotions, because it would create ethical problems in using them.