On 2/16/2012 2:15 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

        [SPK] All of this substitution stuff is predicated upon the
    possibility that the brain can be emulated by a Universal Turing
    Machine. It would be helpful if we first established that a Turing
    Machine is capable of what we are assuming it do be able to do. I
    am pretty well convinced that it cannot

Well at least, you state now that you think comp is simply false... so it's just trolling about it, when you just reject the premices...

Is there a difference between a statement being true given some context and the same sentence being true in no context whatsoever?

Onward!

Stephen