On 2/16/2012 3:53 PM, Brian Tenneson wrote:
Are you talking about tautology?

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net <mailto:stephe...@charter.net>> wrote:

    On 2/16/2012 2:15 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

            [SPK] All of this substitution stuff is predicated upon
        the possibility that the brain can be emulated by a Universal
        Turing Machine. It would be helpful if we first established
        that a Turing Machine is capable of what we are assuming it
        do be able to do. I am pretty well convinced that it cannot

    Well at least, you state now that you think comp is simply
    false... so it's just trolling about it, when you just reject the

        Is there a difference between a statement being true given
    some context and the same sentence being true in no context

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the party. Please don't top post. It screws up the formatting. To answer your question: Sort of, but consider how one tautological statement is different from another. Have you seen my question about the law of Identity not giving any meaning to its ... (I can't think of the appropriate word), as in "A is A, but that the <expletive deleted> is A?" This goes to the question of how is meaning derived or how does meaning emerge, or what is "meaningfulness"?