On Feb 20, 3:35 am, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 8:36 pm, 1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Why would Gods be supernatural?
>
> > Why would bachelors be married?
>
> That's begging the question. There is no logical basis to claim that
> the word supernatural precludes omnipotent control over machines from
> being an inevitable outcome of MWI. Supernatural is folk terminology.
> It has no relevance in determining phenomenological possibility in
> MWI.

I don;t have to agree that essentiallytechnological
control means "god" or "supernaural">

> > > If comp is true, then when we create
> > > AI beings over which we will have power to stop, start, and reprogram
> > > their minds as well as their perceived universes, who will we be to
> > > them other than Gods?
>
> > But we are natural so they would be wrong.
>
> They wouldn't and couldn't know they were wrong though.

So? Is appearance reality?

> It doesn't
> matter who you call 'natural'.

It matters a great deal what you call anything.

"Did  say those mushrooms were nutiritios? Silly me, i mean
poisonous".

> Now who is arguing a special case for
> natively evolved consciousness?

I don't know. Who?

> > "The Goa'uld are false gods!" -- Stargate, passim.
>
> If I am a simulation, and a programmer watches 'me' and can intervene
> and change my program and the program of my universe at will, then to
> me they are a true God, and I would be well advised to pray to them.

"To me"= appearance =/= reality

> > >Computationalism says that we have no way of
> > > knowing that has not happened yet and MWI (and Tegmark's Level 3
> > > classification) demands that this is inevitable in some universes.
>
> > > In a scenario of infinite universes, how can any possibility be said
> > > to be supernatural?
>
> > There is a supernatural/natual distinction in MWI based multiverses.
>
> If it is not supernatural for us to build a Turing machine and control
> the content of it's 'tape', then it cannot, cannot, can-not be
> supernatural for that UM to have its world be controlled by us.

So? I never said that could no be apparently omnopotent
control of a VM. I said it doesn't fit the defintition
of supernatural.

> As
> long as the top level programmer is natural and resides in a top level
> MWI universe, there can be no limit to their omnipotence over their
> programs in comp. To claim supernatural distinctions within an
> emulation is to turn the programs into zombies, is it not?

There is a conceptual distinction between the natural and the
supernatural in MWI and computaitonl multiverses, and
such that the extension of the concept "superntatural"
could likely be empty.

>They become
> the second class citizens that I am criticized for suggesting.
>

> > > Our idea of quantum could simply be the virtual
> > > quantum of the simulation furnished to us by our programmers...who
> > > appear to us as arithmetic Gods because they wish to.
> > Appearance =/= reality.
>
> I agree, but comp does not. In comp, reality is only deep appearance.

Oh good grief. In comp, reality is the lab where the simulation  is
running.