On 19 Feb 2012, at 16:37, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

Both Cantor and Gödel used the word theology

Could you please cite these works?

Search the for the text "mathematics, theology and the infinite" by Joseph Dauben I have lost my examplar, but I think the following paperback might be the same book, with another title:

http://www.amazon.com/Georg-Cantor-Joseph-W-Dauben/dp/book-citations/0691024472

Concerning Godel I was alluding to its formalization, in the modal logic S5 (S4 + <>p -> [ ] <> p), of Anselmus Ontological Argument for the existence of God. You will easily find it with a research engine on the net. Note that some people wrote "Anselm" for "Anselmus.

By the way, recently I have listened to the course Theorien der Wahrheit (Theories of truth) by Prof Hoenen. Among other works he has discussed Logische Untersuchungen (Logical Investigations) by Gottlob Frege and his famous das dritte Reich (the third Reich, no doubt has nothing to do with Hitler).

The theology as such has been mentioned as well, as Prof Hoenen has paid a lot of attention to Anselm von Canterbury, Über die Wahrheit (On Truth). Prof Hoenen has shown that many other works has been influenced (directly or indirectly) by Anselm.

OK. Interesting.

Note that Gödel's proof is not available for the Löbian machine, and it is a mystery for me why Gödel took the system S5, given that such a system formalizes the old Leibniz-Hilbert type of pre-Gödelian philosophy. This does not mean that it might not be possible to make the proof available, with some change to the machine's first person (axiomatized by S4Grz).

The list of considered texts in the course is here

http://blog.rudnyi.ru/2012/01/theorien-der-wahrheit.html

Interesting texts, but progresses have been made, I would say.