2012/2/23 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>

> > > Is it not true?
> >
> > no it is not true.. for example, proving consciousness cannot be emulate
> on
> > machines would proves computationalism wrong.
>
> Consciousness isn't falsifiable in the first place.

And you know that how ? Because you said if a machine acted in every way as
a human being you would still says it is not conscious... but you can't say
that if consciousness wasn't falsifiable. How could you know a disproof
before knowing it ? You asked for how to falsify computationalism, showing
consciousness cannot be emulated on machines is enough whatever the proof
is.

> > Showing an infinite
> > components necessary for consciousnes would prove computationalism wrong,
>
> Also not falsifiable.

It is, just show a component of human consciousness which *cannot* be
described in finite terms, and is necessary for consciousness.

> I can't prove that you are conscious or that you
> don't require infinite components.
>
> > showing that a biological neurons is necessary for consciousness would
> > prove computationalism wrong... and so on.
>
> Not possible to prove,

Why wouldn't it be possible to prove... Prove that it's not possible to
prove first...